The whole film took me altogether about 5 grueling months (usually 10-12hours a day) to do. I often felt my butt was going to grow into the chair I usually sat at.
Please note that this was simply my way of doing my film to achieve the soft-shaded style I wanted; there are many other ways of doing this and some are a lot faster with different results~! :)
- My film on DeviantArt | My film on Vimeo
- My film gifs on Tumblr
- You can see my storyboard animatic here (although the original had music, but like I mentioned, my placeholder music was by Joe Hisaishi, you know, Miyazaki’s composer, so it’s not really legal to upload it).
This tut differs a bit from my dA version, because tumblr lets me put the combination of gifs and jpegs :D.
Here’s a book that will really help you start animating:
here’s some books that are good for composition, storytelling and colours:
- Dream Worlds: Production Design for Animation
- The Art of Pixar: The Complete Color Scripts and Select Art from 25 Years of Animation
- Prepare to Board! Creating Story and Characters for Animated Features and Shorts
I hope these helped
I ask that no one removes the credit or source for this tutorial/guide please. thanks :)
And this is a keeper! No doubt about that! :)
I’m just gonna put this one on standby
for when I start my senior film!
ABED MAHFOUZ Couture Spring/Summer 2013
jay gatsby’s car was a real hit with the ladies
”..the Son of Man came not to be served, but to serve..”
Please, just take a second to pray for South Korea.
Do also please pray for the above three amazing people.
I still believe in miracles, so please.
HE LOOKS SO HAPPY
aw that’s so adorable
Welcome to WUFAN-GOGH a.k.a KRISCASSO GRAND GALLERY! (a.k.a When Yifan gives you a tour to his gallery)
JESUS DUMBLEDORE FUCKING CHRIST
'Do not lost hope'
'Please stay strong a little bit more'
‘We are waiting’
'Are you Hungry ?'
Old one, but I still like it… :)